Endicott College is a bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree-granting institution located on the North Shore of Massachusetts. The College has teaching sites throughout New England as well as international campuses in Madrid and Switzerland. Endicott celebrates diversity and strives to bring together a mix of talented people, representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills, to do their best. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Endicott’s Office of International Education is seeking a
Associate Dean, College of International Studies (CIS) in Madrid join their team of dedicated and committed professionals. Reporting to the Dean of International Education, the Associate Dean of CIS Madrid will reside locally in Madrid, Spain, to oversee all aspects of academic affairs, including undergraduate programs offered by CIS Madrid and graduate programs. graduate studies in international education based at Endicott College, Beverly. This role will also provide the necessary support for international students studying at CIS-Endicott, Madrid and other locations. The Associate Dean represents Endicott College internationally to ensure the educational quality of CIS academic programs and student affairs, in accordance with accreditation guidelines established by the Commission on Higher Education of New England (NECHE ).
The main responsibilities include:
- Serve as an easily accessible point of contact and source of information for students, faculty and staff on all matters relating to the collaborative efforts between CIS-Madrid Endicott and Endicott College, Beverly.
- In conjunction with Madrid staff, provide students with academic support, including resources available remotely through the Beverly campus.
- Ensure alignment and consistency of courses offered in Beverly and Madrid.
- Travel abroad to recruit students for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Give two lessons per term.
- Assist in the planning and development of graduate programs in international education, including the hiring and training of graduate faculty and the management of the intensive three-week summer program.
- Assist with enrollment, planning, orientation and start-up of students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Facilitate regular reviews of academic programs offered by Endicott at CIS
- Create short-term programs for different majors to offer to students from Endicott to CIS.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, onboarding and evaluation of all faculty for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Master’s degree in international education, higher education or related field; Doctorate, preferably
- Previous experience in international education
- Previous experience in higher education
- Administrative and supervisory experience in higher education
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel internationally to represent Endicott College
- Understanding of Higher Education in the United States and Abroad
- Familiarity with the accreditation guidelines for U.S. colleges with international programs abroad, as documented in the NECHE Principles of Good Practice in International Education Programs Abroad for Non-U.S. Nationals
We look forward to hearing from you!